Living with oversized breasts can be very difficult for a woman, but breast reduction surgery can help alleviate many of the physical and mental burdens.
If you have large breasts that limit your physical activity and cause dissatisfaction with your body image, call our Chevy Chase cosmetic surgery practice at (877) 427-8777 to schedule a consultation for breast reduction surgery.
Is Breast Reduction Right For Me?
Breast reduction surgery is a reconstructive breast procedure designed to treat the condition of over-developed breasts, also known as hypertrophy. Due to the nature of this procedure, breast reductions are generally performed primarily for medical reasons but can be performed for cosmetic purposes.
A breast reduction might be right for you if:
- The weight of your breasts causes you back or neck pain
- You find it difficult to perform everyday activities due to interference from your breasts
- The size and weight of your breasts limits your ability to engage in physical activities, such as being unable to go jogging or to play sports
- Your bra straps leave painful indentations on your shoulders
- You are unable to maintain good posture due to the weight of your breasts
- You have pendulous breasts that cause skin irritations or rashes
- You have trouble finding appropriately sized clothing
- You have difficulty breathing as a result of unusually large, heavy breasts
If your breast reduction is performed to alleviate medical problems, it will likely be covered by your insurance, however this will depend on your unique circumstances and your insurance provider.
Benefits of Breast Reduction
By reducing the weight and size of your breasts, you can enjoy improvements to your comfort, health and overall aesthetic. The benefits of a breast reduction can be both physical and mental and may include:
- Increased physical comfort
- Improved self-esteem and a more positive self-image
- Better performance capabilities for physically demanding activities and tasks
- More enjoyable social interactions
Additionally, men can also benefit from breast reductions for gynecomastia.
To find out more about how a breast reductioncan improve your life, contact Chevy Chase Plastic Surgery at (877) 427-8777 to schedule a personal consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon in Washington DC.